Anu’s entry for 26 March – 5 Apr

ak19. Thursday, April 5th, 2012.

The very start of last week still required more work on the scripts that would handle translations made in Google’s Translator Toolkit. A couple of additional scripts were written.

Thereafter and until yesterday, the work has been mostly centred on GS3’s usersDB:

  • getting the output of txt2usersDB to work as input to usersDB2txt and viceversa as well as allowing txt2usersDB to run in append mode,
  • creating a new program to modify a user’s details in the DB which then gets called by the new targets config-user and config-admin (for setting the admin password) in build.xml
  • getting the releasekit to update the admin password where the user provides this

There were a few questions in the mailing list that required some investigating, and today I finally got round to looking at getting Java to write out a bit of javascript that was previously done in XSLT where it looked unsightly and verbose. Unfortunately, I couldn’t test it when I tried out the Document Structure Editor. I got a blank section and could not type into this the new gslib:langfrag element that I was meant to test.

Instead, I decided to write some handy instructions into the Wiki’s Greenstone 2 FAQ which will help explain how to do some common tasks. The questions added to the FAQ are on how to manually build collections, how to get better error reporting in GLI, how to run GLI in debug mode, how to launch, use and copy from the DOS prompt, how to launch Windows Explorer and where to find the Windows key.  From experience, these instructions will be particularly helpful when answering Mailing List questions, as Greenstone users can be referred to these new FAQ items, armed with which they will then be better equipped to help us in the debugging process.

Comments are closed. If you have feedback or questions, please email the Greenstone users mailing list.